Saturday, May 9, 2015

LMMS sequencer

I tried out another sequencer recently called LMMS .



This following tune I wrote with 'orchestral' type instruments on LMMS and then I fine tuned it through Sonar LE.




The Wiki Page for LMMS is here if you want to know more about it.


I really liked using LMMS and hope to try out some different sounds.

By the way I used VSTi's mainly from DSK

Here is a screenshot of LMMS  with DSK Strings




Heres a screenshot of the instruments in Sonar LE where I mixed it down



And a Screenshot of the effects (mainly reverb and EQ)



Here's a shaky hand held camera view of LMMS in action:




Here is a 30ish second clip of the sounds I used in it:




3 comments:

  1. Also, check out George Harrison's 'Electronic Sound'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkJAmVLVhM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Richard, I have read about this but not heard it yet - I'll try and listen to it soon enough!

      Delete
    2. @Richard...yes I listened to some of it...very early days of electronic music...more noise than music but interesting. Thanks

      Delete